Our training centre in Darwin consists of a 1 Hectare site with two class
rooms and sufficient facilities to conduct several courses simultaneously.
The premises are shared with Sterling Property Services, and is located
in the Industrial area of Winnellie, only 10 minutes from the CBD.
All training equipment is provided and meets Australian Standards.
Example of equipment;
- Komatsu 2.5 tonne forklift with pallets and shelving units to perform forklift operations.
- Comprehensive Scaffolding inventory for training of Scaffolders.
- Portal frame building for erection by rigging course participants. All necessary slings and equipment for conducting rigging and dogging training.
- Comprehensive assortment of lifting gear and loads for crane training
Please be advised that NT WorkSafe will only issue a
Licence to persons who meet the following criteria;
• The person successfully completes an approved VET course
the class of licence being sought) with a Registered Training Organisation
• The person MUST be a resident of the Northern Territory, or
• The person MUST provide a letter from their employer that they are a Fly In / Fly Out worker on a Mine Site in the Northern Territory
Failure to meet these criteria will result in the person NOT being issued
with a High Risk Work Licence in the Northern Territory.
Directions to Training Centre
AST is located 10 minutes drive from CBD Darwin, Northern Territory. Taxis
from Darwin Domestic and International airport cost approximately $25